This recipe is high in fibre, low in carbohydrates and is bursting with flavour and goodness. Zucchini boats take less than 20min to make and can make fast work of meal prep if you already have pre-cooked mince to use up.
1 large zucchini
1/2 cup mozzarella or vegan cheese
1 large tomato, finely chopped
1 cup of shredded spinach or kale (organic if you can)
200g cooked chicken mince, taco flavoured
1/2 avocado, made into guacamole or chopped
1. Cook the chicken mince using your favourite clean taco seasoning.
2. Add the spinach and/or kale as you finish cooking your meat and combine.
3. Cut the zucchini in half and scoop out the pulp. I like to then save this for baking muffins or adding into other meals.
4. In a bowl add half of the cheese, tomato and mince. Toss well to combine, then spoon the mixture into the hallowed out zucchini 'boats'.
5. Top with the remaining cheese and bake for 15min until the cheese is melted and zucchini is tender.
6. Finish off with diced avocado or guacamole and extras like olives, jalapenos, sour cream or salsa.
- Tags: Recipes