What makes our products so special? It’s in the prebiotics we’ve carefully selected. Read onto find out more.The prebiotics we use in FEED have a large amount of research behind them.
As a naturopath I have been researching prebiotics for over 12 years and have found the most effective prebiotics available. They are effective in terms of improving your microbiome and increasing all the beneficial bacteria in the gut as well as reducing leaky gut and inflammation which in turn reduces a myriad of other issues.
- Our carefully selected prebiotics are FODMAP friendly so they are more suitable for people with gut issues or sensitive guts as they are less likely to cause bloating.
- Some prebiotics such as inulin, GOS and FOS tend to cause bloating in people with sensitive guts and for this reason we have not included these in our powder FEED
- Our prebiotics are flavourless and dissolve easily into water
PHGG is able to increase the number of key species Like Lactobacilli and Bifidobacteria which in turn helps:
- Immune function
- Improve the integrity of the gut lining, preventing and reducing leaky gut/gut permeability, which in turn can reduce food sensitivies and gut-derived inflammation
- Reduce bloating
- reduce cholesterol
- Reduce toxins in the body
- PHGG is fantastic for regulating bowel motility and improving the consistency of stool, making it easier to pass.
- PHGG can reduce gas, bloating and stomach pain associated with food reactions, IBS and Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO).
- PHGG increases Short-chain fatty acids (SCFA) production to regulate inflammatory responses in the body, maintain healthy gut lining, boost immune function and support mental health.
Why Acacia gum
- Supplementing with Acacia Gum can reduce pain and bloating and improve overall intestinal comfort within 4 weeks of daily supplementation.
- Boosts the populations of beneficial yeasts and bacteria in the gut which in turn will improve the immune system, the gut barrier and reduce inflammation, bloating, cholesterol and toxins in the body.
- Supplementing with Acacia gum prevents the growth of bacteria that can cause illness, such as the Clostridium family.
- Acacia gum can reduce the severity of stomach and duodenal ulcers.
- Acacia gum can improve the symptoms of mild allergies and food sensitivities and even improve eczema. These actions are due to their ability to restore the gut lining.
- Additionally, Acacia gum significantly improves the production of short-chain fatty acids (SCFAs). SCFAs have a role in regulating inflammation in the body, balancing cholesterol and liver function and can have a positive impact on mental health.
We did the research…so you don’t have to
Rawi, M. H., Abdullah, A., Ismail, A., & Sarbini, S. R. (2021). Manipulation of Gut Microbiota Using Acacia Gum Polysaccharide. ACS omega, 6(28), 17782–17797. https://doi.org/10.1021/acsomega.1c00302
Massot-Cladera, M., Azagra-Boronat, I., Franch, À., Castell, M., Rodríguez-Lagunas, M. J., & Pérez-Cano, F. J. (2020). Gut Health-Promoting Benefits of a Dietary Supplement of Vitamins with Inulin and Acacia Fibers in Rats. Nutrients, 12(8), 2196. https://doi.org/10.3390/nu12082196
National Health and Medical Research Council, Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing, New Zealand Ministry of Health. Nutrient Reference Values forAustralia and New Zealand. Canberra: National Health and Medical Research Council; Version 1.2, September 2017.
Niv E, Halak A, Tiommny E, Yanai H, Strul H, Naftali T, Vaisman N. Randomised clinical study: partially hydrolysed guar gum (PHGG) versus placebo in the treatment of patientswith irritable bowel syndrome. Nutr Metab 2016; 13 (10).