REPAIR –the Ingredients and the Science
REPAIR is a delicious powdered, gut-healing supplement, designed to rebuild the gut lining, reduce signs of aging and boost immune function. Each ingredient is clinically proven to support gut, skin and immune health, using only potent quality ingredients that are FODMAP approved.
- REPAIR contains the trademarked supplemental collagen peptide Verisol® Verisol® is a hydrolysed peptide and is the most absorbable collagen peptide due to its extremely low molecular weight. The lower the molecular weight the easier it is to absorb.
- These collagen peptides repair skin and strengthen hair, nails and connective tissue.
- Verisol® has been shown to reduce wrinkles and dark spots as well as improve skin elasticity and reduce cellulite in 8 weeks
- Collagen contains the amino acids glycine and glutamine which are essential in repairing and strengthening the gut lining
- Glutamine is a key structural component of the gut lining. Glutamine increases the expression of tight junctions in the intestinal lining, which makes it one of the most important ingredients in managing and healing leaky gut (intestinal permeability)
- Glutamine directly decreases ghrelin production (the hunger hormone) helping you to feel satisfied between meals. It also decreases firmicutes species that are responsible for an increase in the production of ghrelin (hunger hormone).
- Glutamine is an amino acid that balances blood sugar and increases feelings of fullness, which helps reduce and even stop cravings. A deficiency in glutamine can cause sugar cravings.
- The clear gel inside the aloe leaf has been used in traditional medicine for centuries, both for gut issues as well as to assist in topical wound healing.
- Aloe is rich in polysaccharides that help healing the gut lining when it is damaged or inflamed.
- Aloe gel also protects the gut from damage caused by stress, alcohol and chemotherapy or radiation therapy-induced inflammation.
- Astaxanthin makes a great antiaging supplement due to its ability to reduce the effects of oxidative stress in the skin; leading to brighter, tighter and more hydrated skin.
- The astaxanthin used by The Gut Co is sourced from a freshwater algae Haematococcus Pluvialis and we use the scientifically backed dosage which is 12mg
- Guava leaf is anti-fungal and anti-bacterial and is extremely rich in Zinc. Guava leaf provides 12 mg of Zinc per dose of REPAIR.
- Zinc is essential for digestive health, skin regeneration and immune function. Zinc deficiency is linked to dermatitis, reduced immune function and impaired digestion.
- Acerola is a nutrient-dense cherry, native to the Caribbean. It is extremely high in vitamin C. The vitamin C in Repair comes from Acerola, Kakadu plum and Maqui berry providing 200% of the Australian RDI (recommended daily intake) for vitamin C.
- Vitamin C boosts immune function and is an essential co-factor for collagen production, making it excellent for both gut and skin repair.
- Dunaliella salina is nutrient-dense algae and a fantastic source of the antioxidant beta-carotene.
- Beta-carotene (β-carotene) is a precursor to vitamin A and several studies show that increasing your intake of beta-carotene leads to glowing and radiant skin and may protect the skin against UV radiation from the sun.
- Kakadu plum has the highest recorded levels of natural Vitamin C content in the world, measuring up to 7000 mg/100g DW, which is 100 times the Vitamin C content in oranges.
- It also contains iron and zinc and is a powerful antioxidant and has anti-viral properties.
- Pomegranate husk contains a variety of polyphenols (phytonutrients) that feed good species and limit the growth of pathogenic species in the gut. Only nature is able to provide an ingredient that can boost the good bacteria while also reducing the bad guys.